At Niemen Architects we take data protection seriously. We are committed to ensuring that when we collect and use any information from visitors to our website it is in accordance with applicable data and privacy legislation (GDPR). You are not required to provide us with any information in order to use our website. We may however need to collect data from you if you make an enquiry, for instance, via the contact form or by email.
This policy sets out how Niemen Architects uses and protects any information we may collect from you, or that you have provided to us, and how any information will be processed when using our website.
How we collect your personal data;
Niemen Architects may collect data via the website, our social media channels, or through any direct communication you make with us, with the purpose of providing a service and better understanding your needs as a potential client. Any data collected will be securely stored digitally.
We may collect your data in a number of ways including;
• Any information you volunteer through methods of communication, i.e. via the contact form, through direct email, or contact made via any of our social media channels.
• Through the potential future use of user analytics software – this date however will be anonymous, and used only to gain an insight into the traffic to our website.
• Data you provide to sign up for any newsletter or marketing communications from us.
How do we use personal information?
Any information we collect will be used in conjunction with providing you as a potential client with a service and to better understand your needs.
• We may use your data to contact you regarding any enquiries you have made.
• To provide you with any legal documentation or invoicing with regards to any services rendered.
• Any information provided will not be shared or distributed to any third parties without your permission, i.e. when a sub-contractor is employed as part of the service we provide and may need to contact your directly. We will never pass on your details to any third party for the purpose of marketing.
• We may from time to time use your information for internal research and development purposes
• Or to meet internal auditing requirements.
We may to use any contact information you provide us for marketing purposes, any may add said information to databases relating to marketing mailing lists. You have the right to ask us not to do so. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, if you would not like to be contacted by us for the purposes of marketing please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com.
We may use ‘cookies’ to identify you when you visit our website to build a demographic profile. A ‘cookie’ is a small piece of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information back from the browser. ‘Cookies’ are frequently used on websites and you can choose if and how a cookie will be accepted by configuring your preferences and options in your browser. Cookies may be used by our website to improve service and functionality during use, though are not necessary to use our website. We will not cross-match information collected through ‘cookies’ with other personal information to determine who you are or your e-mail address.
We use leading technologies to safeguard your data, managed by a third-party IT consultants, and keep strict security standards to prevent any unauthorised access to it.
At Niemen Architects we have in place appropriate measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered, or disclosed to any third parties without your consent. The latest software is used to protect any data against accidental loss and any unauthorised access and use.
Any data you provide will be stored securely on our systems, and those of our third-party suppliers which provide or back up storage and servers, and will be processed by our team both on and off site within the UK.
How we destroy your personal information;
We may store your information for up to 12 years in accordance with our legal requirements as an Architectural Practice. Contact information, correspondence, and any service related data will be stored digitally until this point unless you request they be removed earlier, and it is legally acceptable to do so. Any printed formats created from the digital collection of data will also be shredded after this time. Digital information will be securely deleted.